Ways you can help
- Fundraiser. Lead our organization with fundraising project ideas and willingness to lead.
- Story Writer. Our organization is filled with the stuff great stories are made of. We just need your inspiration and words. These stories would be great for the local newspapers and Habitat World, a national magazine.
- Real Estate Scout. Identify possible properties we could ‘flip’ and put a family in like we did with Stephanie Beal at 10th & Beacon.
- Researcher. Our national organization, Habitat.org, has great ideas and information that we can take advantage of. These can include training and education resources, creative idea, community awareness and support ideas.
- Volunteer Organizer. Provide proper solicitation and plugging in of volunteers when they show interest. Interact with churches.
- Contractors!!!! We need contractors to supervise our volunteer building teams.
- Join a committee.
How can churches help?
- Volunteers for construction. Individuals with skills are welcome. Teams can come on a Saturday and work on a particular task which is labor intensive: siding, insulation, clean up, framing, roofing, etc.
- Volunteer to do a brief (5 minute) devotional at the start of our Saturday work to, to prepare workers and volunteers for the work day and keep our focus on Christ and our mission to change the lives of the family members we are building for.
- Would your church be willing to consider financial support or have a fundraiser event which would help further our mission to build for people who are living in substandard housing and financial hardship? Our need is immense, our mission is effective and we have helped many who fit the criteria.
- Historically Habitat for Humanity has been a church supported mission where many churches of different denominations participate in the common goal of overcoming substandard housing problems by working together under the umbrella of Jesus Christ.
- We have a need for Board of Director members who have specific gifts, talents, interest. We are always looking for the person with an objective, empathetic heart to understand our mission, discernment when dealing with our applicants, willingness to pray, and discuss very important issues which are life changing, and come along side the partners we are building for and see the metamorphosis in their lives.
Is My Contribution Tax Deductible?
Yes, Sedalia Area Habitat for Humanity is incorporated as a 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization. Donations and in-kind contributions may be tax dedcutible. If you are interesed in donating to Sedalia Area Habitat for Humanity, You can mail your contribution to Sedalia Area Habitat for Humanity, P.O. Box 1523, Sedalia, MO, 65301