Interested in applying for a Habitat for Humanity Home? Please use the following checklist to see if you qualify!
|1. Are you in need of housing?|
|Acceptable criteria for “Housing Need”:|
– You are currently employed, but do not have housing.
– You live in unsafe or very poor conditions or located in a particularly unsafe area.
– Your rent, or contribution currently paid towards rent, exceeds 35% of net income.
– The size of your current habitat is inadequate for the present or anticipated residents.
– You have other facts demonstrating a need for the type of housing Habitat can provide, that goes beyond a personal desire to own a home.
Unacceptable criteria for “Housing Need”:
– You presently own real estate.
– You have owned real estate within the last three (3) years.
|2. Do you have the ability to pay?|
|Criteria for “ability to pay” includes:|
– You are unable to obtain a conventional mortgage.
– You must have a form of stable income and employment.
– Any bankruptcies must have been discharged for at least two (2) years;
– You must have the ability to afford anticipated mortgage payments, including property taxes and homeowners insurance. (Payments are based upon income).
– Your monthly payments for debt cannot exceed 40% of gross monthly income.
– Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
|3. Are you willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity?|
– Applicant must be willing to complete hours of sweat equity towards the building of Habitat homes.
– Applicant must comply with all other sweat equity policies.
– Applicant must be willing to live in a neighborhood in which Habitat is currently building.
– Applicant must be willing to attend required workshops for success in homeownership.
I’m interested in applying! What are my next steps?
Or, email us directly for an application at: email@example.com